General Assembly Update
2021 General Assembly
This page is designed to inform you of legislation of concern to VAIB for the latest General Assembly session. This list is intended to highlight certain important issues but is by no means exhaustive of the hundreds of bills we follow.
REMEMBER: You have a voice! You can contact your delegate or senator regarding your position on these items or any other issue. Be kind, be brief, and be thankful when you contact a legislator.
- CO - legislation is "Carried Over" to the next session for consideration.
- PBI- "Passed By Indefinitely" means the legislation has failed.
- Tabled- means the legislation has failed.
- Left in committee- means the legislation has failed.
- Stricken- means the patron has removed the bill from consideration.
- Reported- means the bill is progressing.
- Failed to report- means the bill was voted down or failed.
- Committee of Conference- each chamber has passed different versions of the bill; conferees from each chamber meet to work out compromise or bill fails.
Click on the bill for more information.
We SUPPORT the following legislation:
We OPPOSE the following legislation:
Voter Guides Available
Your vote is valuable! To help inform you regarding the positions of candidates, I am providing information on iVoterGuide, which ranks Virginia candidates...
Special Update: Gov. Northam’s Guidelines for Religious Services
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 Dear Friend, I’ve done my best to give you recommendations for holding church services that comply with current restrictions...