January Session Update
Released: Friday, January 25, 2013
January 25, 2013
- We are thankful that efforts to undo prolife gains regarding abortion were stopped.
- We are thankful that bills to affirm parental rights are moving forward.
- We are praying that efforts to protect immoral sexual orientation in the law will fail.
- January 16 was quietly proclaimed “Religious Freedom Day” by President Obama. Thomas Jefferson, who authored the “Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom,” would probably be appalled at the attacks on religion in our courts in the name of separation of church and state. What would Jefferson say if he were alive today?
- Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) has again introduced legislation to establish an envoy in the “State Department to advocate on behalf of vulnerable religious minorities in the Middle East and South Central Asia.” Christians are being brutalized and killed in these areas of the world.
- January 21 was the inauguration of President Barack Obama for his second term. Pray he, as well as “others in authority,” will listen to God’s leading.
Notes of Concern to Pastors & Churches
- Churches in Virginia are not required to incorporate. I have been contacted several times about this. Churches are already protected in the Virginia Constitution. Contact our office for more details.
- Tax exemptions for churches. Localities may require churches to complete certain forms from the tax department to remain tax exempt. Contact our office if you have questions regarding this.
- Sales and Use Tax Exemption. Save money and use form ST-13A (found on our website) to be exempt from paying sales and use tax on most items and materials your church purchases outright to use in the ministry. Contact our office if you have questions regarding this.
Help us save money and speed communitcations!
About 25% of our mailing list is sent by email. If your church would be willing to receive letters and other communications by email, please provide us with an email address. Contact us at 804-789-0150 or click here email@example.com .
Has any of your church or contact information changed?
We want our information to be current. If you have never completed an information form, or there have been changes in the last year, please consider contacting our office. Please go on our website by clicking on www.vaib.org , then go to the “Contact” tab and complete the “Information Form for Church & Pastor.”
In His Service,
Falls Church Medical v. Oliver: Wait and Pray
Last summer, several abortion perpetrators jointly filed eight legal motions to overturn laws protecting women and unborn children in Virginia. These laws...
Thank you! Your voice was heard!
Thank you for making your voice heard! While the vote for H.R. 5, The Equality Act, ended about how you and I expected (passing by a vote of 236 to 173),...