37th Annual Meeting
Released: Tuesday, July 09, 2013
July 9, 2013
On September 19-20, you have that opportunity to be involved, whether pastor or “person in the pew.” How? You can attend our 37th Annual Meeting! Our theme is “Be of Good Courage”. You will be encouraged and challenged by our special guest speaker Dr. David Gibbs Jr. of the Christian Law Association; by music that will inspire; by our present and past work at the Virginia General Assembly. You will also be seeing our “new look” as we show our updated web site and more! Go to www.vaib.org and look under the “Current Events” tab for more information.
VAIB seeks to make a difference for religious and individual liberties. We believe this can be accomplished by:
- Strengthening your liberties by staying informed on the issues and pursuing strategic relationships.
- Educating God’s people on the issues in Virginia in both the state and federal arenas.
- Involving everyone as one voice in the process through informing about the issues and providing opportunities for action.
Make plans now to attend our 37th Annual Meeting. The location is Clover Hill Baptist Church, 3100 Courthouse Road, Richmond, VA. Besides our special speaker, some of our own pastors will be speaking: Moderator/Pastor Lloyd Donica of Bethel Baptist Church in Hampton, Pastor Sherman Davis of Tabernacle Baptist Church in King George and Pastor Brad Weniger of Central Baptist Church in Woodbridge. Our music will be led by Ken Hedrick of Good News Baptist Church in Chesapeake. And there is a good chance some political candidates will “drop by” on Friday to say a few words! Be sure to attend the Friday afternoon session as Dr. Gibbs Jr. gives his views on the recent US Supreme Court decisions and their impacts on Christians.
Through the efforts of VAIB:
- Church ministries are protected from licensure.
- Churches enjoy exemption from sales and use tax.
- State fire marshals cannot charge to inspect churches, church day cares or schools.
- Hear about this year’s General Assembly victories at the Annual Meeting, September 19-20!
VAIB does not charge a registration fee but depends on the offerings of God’s people to underwrite the expenses for this meeting. Make your plans now to attend and be encouraged by what God is accomplishing through the ministry of VAIB! Go to www.vaib.org for more information!
In His Service,
Falls Church Medical v. Oliver: Wait and Pray
Last summer, several abortion perpetrators jointly filed eight legal motions to overturn laws protecting women and unborn children in Virginia. These laws...
Thank you! Your voice was heard!
Thank you for making your voice heard! While the vote for H.R. 5, The Equality Act, ended about how you and I expected (passing by a vote of 236 to 173),...