Volume 4 | April 30, 2022
Released: Saturday, April 30, 2022
VAIB | Virginia Voice
Volume 4 | May 9, 2022
As I reflect on Easter, I’m reminded of the love of Christ and that “God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). This great love should be shown and shared with others by those of us who are followers of Jesus Christ. My prayer is that my commitment to Christ will be more evident as I serve in this ministry to which I’ve been called.
ONE Voice for Liberties Conference—September 22
Registration for our annual conference opens May 1st online. Working out lodging arrangements has been challenging, due to a Virginia Tech home game on the weekend following the conference. I’m told people usually check into their hotel on Thursdays for these games. For those checking in on Wednesday and checking out Thursday morning, this shouldn’t be a problem. You can find more details at www.vaib.org.
- Date—September 22, 2022 (Thursday)
- Location—Pastor Carl Goodman of Lakeside Baptist Church (447 Dalewood Ave., Salem, VA) has graciously agreed to host the meeting.
- Schedule: 10 a.m.—Annual business meeting (for pastors only)
- 11 a.m.—VAIB ministry update by Executive Director Eddy Aliff
- Noon—Lunch on site for those registered by September 8
- 1:30 p.m.—Message from Moderator Ray Haskett
- 2:30 p.m.—Former Congressman Randy Forbes of Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation to speak on his work
- 3:30 p.m.—Attorney Jeremy Dys of First Liberty Institute to speak on legal challenges to religious liberties in America
- 4:30 p.m.—Supper on site for those registered by September 8
- 6:00 p.m.—Evening session with music led by Pastor Mark Houser, followed by Attorney Jeremy Dys of First Liberty Institute, and closing message by Pastor Mike Frazier, Sr. Pastor of Canton Baptist Temple in Ohio
The VAIB Steering Committee wants to announce it is beginning the process of choosing the next executive director. Two years ago, I informed the committee of my intention to retire at age seventy, which will be in two years. We’ve worked together to prepare for this transition, which is the reason for announcing at this time. The official announcement reads as follows:
The Virginia Assembly of Independent Baptists is a nonprofit ministry that seeks to rally independent Baptists in the Commonwealth of Virginia in strengthening our position on issues for the common good of all and to keep pastors informed concerning matters of a critical nature that affect our local churches and their ministries. VAIB is currently seeking a dedicated Christian, who is a capable leader, self-motivated, and organized, as its next executive director. For more information, contact the VAIB office at email@example.com or 804-789-1278.
I believe in this ministry. I believe it has been effective and will continue to be. Change is difficult but sometimes necessary. I want to express my deepest appreciation for all who serve and have served on the steering committee under my tenure. It has been and continues to be a joy to serve as executive director.
Pray for the steering committee as it considers candidates for this important position and continues to shepherd this ministry.
Rev. Eddy Aliff
Ask your delegate to VOTE NO to SJ5 & SB557
SJ5 and SB557 are companion bills designed to redefine marriage in the Virginia Constitution. VAIB stands with the biblical definition of marriage as being...
Ask your State Senator to vote NO for SJ5 and SB557!
Strong families start with one man and one woman. Children thrive best in this type of family.